Professor Robin Pollard, Vice-Chancellor, Lincoln University
Christchurch born, Robin trained at the University of Canterbury NZ as a condensed matter physicist. He specialised in magnetism at low temperatures and with high magnetic fields, including in disordered alloys, fine particles, iron oxides and hydroxides, and in transition metal chalcogenides and di-halides.
Robin held research positions at the University of Liverpool UK, University of Manitoba Canada and at the University of California San Diego as physicist and research chemist. He has also held academic positions in marketing and information technology.
From 29 Feb 2016 Vice-Chancellor, Lincoln University, NZ
2014 – 2016 Group VP and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Central Lancashire
• This university is the UKs seventh largest;
• Responsible for international, corporate strategy and research;
• Managed campus aspirations in Cyprus, Mauritius, Hebei-China, Thailand;
• Strategic planning to improve the universitys league table ranking;
• Participated in UK QAA quality audits.
2013-2014 Academic Vice-President, Monash University, Melbourne
• Transitioned a regional campus from Monash to create Federation University
• Australia with the University of Ballarat;
• Interfaced a Monash campus in Johannesburg to majority ownership with Laureate
• International Universities;
• Academic lead for online postgraduate Courses in partnership with Pearson;
2007-2012 Chief Executive, Monash University Sunway campus, Malaysia
2004-2007 Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of New England, NSW
Time: 12:30 pm, Monday 25th June 2018.
Keynote Topic: The Business of